In this era where Smartphones and Tablets rule the roast and when everything from large appliances to groceries can be ordered online, can your business afford to be left behind?
Most of the small scale businesses start off at home to keep in check the cost to a minimum. But these days even established businesses continue to work without an office reaching us through our portable devices via technology. To be a small business, you must adhere to industry size standards established by the U.S. Small Business Administration. More information and requisites can be obtained from the Office of small business centres(www.sba.gov and www.ftc.gov). It is pre-requisite that I had to read these laws before selling outside which guaranteed my profits.
The benefits of mobile technology can be broken down into three simple categories:
- Being abreast with the latest developments and being knowledgeable
Now let’s look at steps to take for advancement of our business model-
- Connect via Social Media – Actively start promoting businesses via Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, etc. along with the existing established mail and text channels.
- Optimise your Website – The design needs to be responsive to both smaller portable devices and PC.
- Branding – Create a strong Keyword and Branding which would be associated only with your business.
- Cloud/Online applications – Make use of the tools like Dropbox, Evernote and Drives to store and backup your data.
- In an Online Business Model you can consider BYOD(Bring Your Own Device) for your employees.
Mobile Technologies are shaking up how businesses are run world over and with every new trend there comes a new set of advantages and challenges. The prerogative lies in Adapting and being responsive to all that it has to offer.…